These are my top 100 rankings. They are my own. I watch a lot of hockey. I read a lot(and I have certain people's opinions that I take into account), but these rankings are from my own observations. This is the order I would draft these guys in(as of the end of February) I just finished putting this together, so I will update at the conclusion of the Memorial Cup. Please feel free to comment....especially if you see a glaring omission(I may not have seen every player - and I also don't get to watch every player multiple times, so if they have a poor game when I see them, it's unlikely they'll have a high ranking).
1. D – Rasmus Dahlin – Frolunda – SHL
Two-way defender does it all and has the physical attributes – great size and skating ability - to go with the creativity and puckhandling skill.
2. RW – Andrei Svechnikov – Barrie Colts – OHL
Has the shot, release and playmaking ability to become a dynamic offensive threat.
3. RW – Filip Zadina – Halifax Mooseheads – QMJHL
A sniper through and through. Has a great shot and knows his way to the net.
4. RW – Oliver Walhlstrom – US NTDP – USHL
Sniping winger with incredible puck skills and playmaking ability.
5. D – Noah Dobson – Acadie-Bathurst Titan – QMJHL
Rock solid defender has shown that he can play at both ends of the ice.
6. D – Ty Smith – Spokane Chiefs – WHL
Poised puck mover and elite skater is solid at both ends but lacks prototypical size.
7. D – Adam Boqvist – Brynas IF –SHL
Dynamic offensive defenseman knows with a strong wrist shot and great skating ability.
8. D – Evan Bouchard – London Knights – OHL
Keen offensive defenseman is a fantastic passer and minute muncher.
9. LW – Brady Tkachuk – Boston University – NCAA
Strong and physical winger gets to the dirty areas of the ice and shows true power forward potential.
10. LW – Joel Farabee – US NTDP – USHL
Hard working winger with skill and great speed.
11. C – Joseph Veleno – Drummondville Voltigeurs – QMJHL
Playmaking pivot does everything well and has a knack for always being around the puck.
12. C – Barrett Hayton – Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds – OHL
All situations forward is feisty, competitive and smart.
13. C – Jesperi Kotkaniemi – Assat – Liiga
Two-way centerman has some two-way abilities and great puck protection skills.
14. RW – Vitali Kravtsov – Traktor Chelyabinsk – KHL
Strong skating winger with good puck possession skill and a great shot.
15. D – Quinn Hughes – University of Michigan – NCAA
Undersized dynamic offensive defenseman has fantastic skating ability.
16. D – Bode Wilde – US NTDP – USHL
Solid two-way defender shows all the skill, but needs to limit mistakes.
17. C – Jacob Olofsson – Timra IK – Allsvenskan
Smart two-way pivot hasn’t shown the ability to put up big offensive numbers, but has potential.
18. C – Akil Thomas – Niagara Ice Dogs – OHL
Game breaking offensive forward with great acceleration and fantastic puck skills.
19. D – Ryan Merkley – Guelph Storm – OHL
Young defenseman has otherworldly offensive skill, but needs to show the attitude and work ethic to achieve great potential.
20. C – Isac Lundestrom – Lulea HF – SHL
Two-way forward with speed and smarts is good at protecting the puck.
21. C – Rasmus Kupari – Karpat - Liiga
Elite skating forward with strong puckhandling capabilities.
22. RW – Dominik Bokk – Vaxjo Lakers – SHL
Elusive and agile skater with a quick release.
23. C – Ryan McLeod – Mississauga Steelheads – OHL
Playmaking pivot with great speed and passing ability.
24. D – Mattias Samuelsson – US NTDP – USHL
Big, strong defensive defenseman with great reach and shutdown ability.
25. D – Rasmus Sandin – Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds – OHL
Puck rushing defender plays a smart, steady game at both ends of the rink.
26. D – Jared McIsaac – Halifax Mooseheads – QMJHL
Physical two-way defender didn’t progress quite as well as anticipated.
27. LW – Grigori Denisenko – Loko Yaroslavl – MHL
Creative offensive player with great edgework and a quick release.
28. RW – Martin Kaut – HC Dynamo Pardubice – Czech
Two-way winger plays a smart and mature game.
29. D – Jordan Harris – Kimball Union Academy –USHS
Puckrushing defenseman is a fantastic skater and seems to always have the puck on his stick.
30. RW – Jonatan Berggren – Skelleftea AIK – SHL
Waterbug type forward with a great motor and offensive creativity.
31. D – K’Andre Miller – US NTDP – USHL
Nasty and intimidating physical defender with a bomb from the point.
32. D – Alexander Alexeyev – Red Deer Rebels – WHL
Smooth-skating, offensive defenseman needs to get and stay healthy.
33. D – Jett Woo – Moose Jaw Warriors – WHL
Smart defender has a knack for timing stick and body checks perfectly to break up the rush.
34. C – Ty Dellandrea – Flint Firebirds – OHL
Two-way forward does all the little things and is proving to have offensive potential.
35. RW – Jesse Ylonen – Espoo United – Mestis
Smooth and dynamic winger is money in the offensive zone.
36. LW – Cole Fonstad – Prince Albert Raiders – WHL
Fantastic playmaking winger has incredible vision and fantastic passing ability.
37. C – Filip Hallander – Timra IK – Allsvenskan
Versatile forward is a hard worker with blossoming offensive ability.
38. C – Jake Wise – US NTDP – USHL
Stocky and skilled forward plays a smart offensive game, but needs to stay healthy.
39. C – Jack McBain – Toronto Jr. Canadians – OJHL
Big center was fantastic in international competition, but underwhelmed in junior league.
40. D – Jonathan Tychonick – Penticton Vees – BCHL
Offensive defenseman rushes the puck zealously.
41. D – Calen Addison – Lethbridge Hurricanes – WHL
Aggressive offensive defenseman is a smooth and mobile playmaker.
42. C – Jack Drury – Waterloo Blackhawks – USHL
Smart forward is a leader at both ends of the ice.
43. C – Ivan D. Morozov – Mamonty Yugry – MHL
Solid two-way center has catapulted his ranking with strong showing in international competition.
44. RW – Bulat Shafigullin – Reaktor Nizhnekamsk – MHL
Strong skater can push the pace, even while handling the puck.
45. RW – Ryan O’Reilly – Madison Capitols – USHL
A pure goal scorer with one of the heaviest shots and quickest releases in the draft.
46. C – Alexander Khovanov – Moncton Wildcats – QMJHL
Smart playmaker lost a step in a bout with Hepatitis A, but he’s finding his groove again.
47. LW – Sampo Ranta – Sioux City Musketeers – USHL
Has good size and a great shot and uses his reach well in puck possession.
48. C – Jay O’Brien – Youngstown Phantoms – USHL
A competitor with a good shot and two-way abilities.
49. C – Cameron Hillis – Guelph Storm – OHL
Great motor and strong skating skills, just needs some strength.
50. C – Philipp Kurashev – Quebec Remparts – QMJHL
Explosive skater always seems to be involved in the play.
51. LW – Jan Jenik – HC Benatky nad Jizerou – Czech2
Smart forward playing against men, could really blossom as he fills out.
52. C – Liam Foudy – London Knights – OHL
Competitive speedster propelled his ranking with a great second half.
53. C – Jakub Lauko – Pirati Chomutov – Czech
Two way forward is strong in puck possession.
54. RW – Tyler Madden – Tri-City Storm – USHL
Plays with speed, smarts and a competitive spirit.
55. RW – Nando Eggenberger – HC Davos – NLA
Big and strong power forward type, but doesn’t create a lot on his own.
56. C – Nathan Dunkley – London Knights – OHL
Fast and competitive forward is really good in possession in the offensive zone.
57. D – Jacob Ragnarsson – Almtuna IS – Allsvenskan
Solid offensive defenseman shows great smarts in the offensive end.
58. D – Jacob Bernard-Docker – Okotoks Oilers – AJHL
Offensive defenseman will hone skills at the University of North Dakota.
59. LW – Kirill Marchenko – Mamonty Yugry – MHL
Big winger plays his off side and has a wicked one-timer.
60. C – Allan McShane – Oshawa Generals – OHL
Smart and skilled playmaker finds a way to get on the scoresheet.
61. C – Benoit-Olivier Groulx – Halifax Mooseheads – QMJHL
Two-way forward does all the little things well, but offense has been slow to come.
62. D – Ty Emberson – US NTDP – USHL
Solid all-around defenseman does everything well.
63. C – Blake McLaughlin – Chicago Steel – USHL
Consistent offensive producer is solid puck distributor..
64. G – Jakub Skarek – HC Dukla Jihlava – Czech
Big and athletic goaltender struggled at the WJC and that hurt his draft stock.
65. D – Adam Ginning – Linkoping – SHL
Big, physical, defensive defenseman with some untapped two-way ability.
66. D – Stanislav Demin – Wenatchee Wild – BCHL
Excels as a puck mover or in his own end as an aggressive defender.
67. RW – Serron Noel – Oshawa Generals – OHL
Massive power forward with untapped potential, but the hands are suspect.
68. LW – Albin Eriksson – Skelleftea AIK – SHL
A shooter with size and a nose for the net.
69. LW – Gabriel Fortier – Baie-Comeau Drakkar – QMJHL
Two-way skilled forward with speed and a great motor.
70. C – Aidan Dudas – Owen Sound Attack – OHL
Small skilled forward is competitive and engaged at both ends of the ice.
71. C – Milos Roman – Vancouver Giants – WHL
Playmaking pivot has good vision and always seems to defer to teammates.
72. G – Jacob Ingham – Mississauga Steelheads – OHL
Pro-sized goalie frame and great athleticism, but has underwhelmed statistically.
73. D – Nils Lundkvist – Lulea HF – SHL
Solid puck mover is good all around defender.
74. D – Filip Kral – Spokane Chiefs – WHL
Smart defender has the knack for jumping into the play at the right time.
75. RW – Samuel Fagemo – Frolunda HC J20– SuperElit
Speedy winger loves to get his shot off, and it’s a good one.
76. C – Curtis Hall – Youngstown Phantoms – USHL
Competitive forward has established himself as a powerful net front presence.
77. D – Filip Johansson – Leksands IF – Allsvenskan
Solid all-around defender has some untapped offensive potential.
78. LW –Marcus Westfalt – Brynas IF – SHL
Versatile forward has good size, but needs to work on his skating.
79. RW – Riley Sutter – Everett Silvertips – WHL
Big and strong power forward gets to the dirty areas and is hard to defend against.
80. RW – Niklas Nordgren – HIFK – Liiga
Small, skilled winger with a fantastic slap shot.
81. D – Axel Andersson – Djurgardens IF J20 – SuperElit
Solid two-way defender doesn’t excel in any one area, but is showing an offensive slant.
82. G – Jett Alexander – North York Rangers – OJHL
Active puck moving goaltender with good size and quick legs.
83. LW – Tyler Weiss – US NTDP – USHL
Playmaking forward is really good with the puck on his stick.
84. C – David Gustafsson – HV71 – SHL
Excellent defensive center is very good on the dot.
85. G – Alexis Gravel – Halifax Mooseheads – QMJHL
Big netminder is active in the crease to find the puck through traffic.
86. RW – Michal Kvasnica – HC Frydek-Mistrek – Czech2
Winger with a solid shot and average frame, but knows how to use his body to shield the puck.
87. D –Martin Fehervary – IK Oskarshamn – Allsvenskan
A solid defensive defenseman who works hard and has untapped offensive potential.
88. G – Olivier Rodrigue – Drummondville Voltigeurs
Aggressive and quick defender has a penchant for making highlight reel saves.
89. LW – Anderson MacDonald – Moncton Wildcats – QMJHL
Knows what to do in front of the net, but his skating is a work in progress at best.
90. RW – Kody Clark – Ottawa 67’s – OHL
A competitor who wins battles and gets to the scoring areas.
91. RW – Ruslan Iskhakov – Krasnaya Armiya Moskva – MHL
Fantastic stickhandler and excellent playmaker, but will those skills translate at his size.
92. LW – Ryan Chyzowski – Medicine Hat Tigers – WHL
Hard worker with a great shot is becoming a real leader.
93. D – Danila Galenyuk – SKA-1946 St.Petersburg – MHL
A solid, physical defender with good puckmoving ability.
94. D – Kevin Bahl – Ottawa 67’s – OHL
Massive defender is showing some solid puck skills, but will make his money as a shutdown defender.
95. C – Blade Jenkins – Saginaw Spirit – OHL
Two-way center has intriguing potential, but needs to improve his speed and agility.
96. G – Justus Annunen – Karpat – Liiga
Big netminder is technically sound and positions himself well to cut down the angles.
97. D – Alec Regula – London Knights – OHL
Solid defensively and starting to show his two-way ability.
98. D – Giovanni Vallati – Kitchener Rangers – OHL
Poised, puck-rushing defenseman is smooth and creative with the puck.
99. D – Xavier Bouchard – Baie-Comeau Drakkar – QMJHL
Rangy defenseman with good mobility and solid defensive skills.
100. LW – Jackson Leppard – Prince George Cougars – WHL
The ultimate competitor struggled statistically, but his rugged, gritty nature will translate well.