2018 Summer Development Camp

Discussion in 'Vancouver Canucks' started by Craz1bo1, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Craz1bo1

Craz1bo1 Registered User

lindgren likes this.
  2. DownGoesMcDavid

DownGoesMcDavid Registered User

Jack Rathbone will wow us

3. Hansen

Hansen BASED JIM BENNING

Corporate Banana
    His tools were exciting last year but I dont think his game will develop any until he gets to college

4. lindgren

lindgren Registered User

Of the invitees listed, two are forwards and three are defencemen.

McFadden was captain for Guelph the last two seasons, and he got in four games in the AHL with Laval at the end of this year. Somewhat interesting.

Rockwood is a centre, and he led the NCAA in assists last year (his senior year). Perhaps he'll turn out to be that playmaking centre I've heard, in whispers, that the Comets are needing.

Lukosevicius was named the most outstanding player in the most recent Frozen Four.

Four of the five played in the BCHL at some point.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    alternate likes this.
  5. Bad Goalie

Bad Goalie Registered User

Rockwood in the middle at 5'9", Palmu on RW at 5'7", and Carcone on LW at 5'9'.

I love the idea of adding Palmu. Rockwood put up good #s in his SR year after sitting out his Jr season due to tranferring out of Wisconsin where his numbers were not all that. Maybe he could become an AHL playmaker. He'll be 23 coming in. However, Benning and company better get some size somewhere to protect these guys. Outside of MacEwen and Gadjovich there is no size on this team. Then again, Gadjovich is only 6'2" and from a pure talent standpoint, may find it difficult to crack the top 12 if things work out as some Vancouver posters have suggested. The players they think the Canucks will assign to Utica comprises a very skilled group, but they are not big by any stretch of the imagination. The available spots will become a real dogfight if Boucher and Chaput are brought back, which would be the smart thing to do.

Most AHL teams have a few trees and a couple well constructed blocks of granite that can make life very difficult on teams that can't match up.

There is definitely room for some of that size on the backend. There is little physicality from Brisebois, Chatfield, and Sautner. McEneny is the other of Vancouver's 4, but no one has any idea how long it will take him to get the knee back to snuff, if ever. I don't mean 2 gorillas. 2 veteran D-men with the some size that play a physical game, but with top AHL level talents. One needs to be a PPQB as they don't have one and the other the consummate stalwart D-man, who is also missing. Blujus and Sifers do not fill those roles, but offer good depth. The Vancouver 4 are not ready to carry the load for this team on their own. At this point, there is absolutely no one down here who can be considered anything more than a one night stand or 2 as a call-up. A little of that Vancouver $ needs to be invested in 2 D-men and 2 centers for the farm.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  6. VanJack

VanJack Registered User

There always one invitee to prospects camp who wows onlookers and earns a contract from the Canucks....wondering Will Lockwood, or whether he's still rehabbing his shoulder.

7. DownGoesMcDavid

DownGoesMcDavid Registered User

Will Lockwood was expected to be out 6-9 months after shoulder injury in December.

Hes probably not even lifting weights or training yet.

8. Bad Goalie

Bad Goalie Registered User

A small error was posted above and I thought I would correct it.

Jared Lukosevicius was the MVP of the 2016-17 NCAA Div I hockey championships, not "the most recent ones." His school, the University of Denver, wasn't even in the most recent NCAA Frozen Four. Notre Dame, Boston College, University of Minnesota Duluth , and Michigan were the final 4.

The mistake does not mean taking a look at the MVP from the 2017 Frozen Four is a bad idea. Jared finished this season as the 4th highest scorer on Denver's team.

All the invitees thus far, have a reason to be given a look. None were drafted and all are still free agents looking for a team. Maybe there's a possible missed player in the bunch. A negative is that there really isn't much size in the group so far and might explain their availability.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018 at 12:21 AM
  9. polarbearcub

polarbearcub Registered User

10. timw33

timw33 Registered User

He's recovering from broken thumb and played a ton of hockey this year. Best for him to train in Sweden until September.

11. polarbearcub

polarbearcub Registered User

He got the cast off last week I believe. Minor injury