Player Discussion Anton Slepyshev reportedly heading back to Russia

Discussion in 'Edmonton Oilers' started by jumptheshark, May 5, 2015.

1. Night Witch

Night Witch Next year

Have to respectfully disagree that he can play consistently above 4th line. He is a solid 12/13/14 F, at best, in this league, in my opinion. I do agree he will make more money in the KHL. On to the next.

2. Yablo21

Yablo21 Registered User

Hes pretty much exactly what we need, leaving. Big, physical, skilled, right winger. Showed he could play in the playoffs, then hampered by injury in training camp benched half the time after good performances and never given another chance. Aberg and Cammalleri getting played ahead of him, I wouldn't want to stay with an organization if they treated me this way.

Aerrol likes this.
  3. Yablo21

Yablo21 Registered User

Same for Auvitu,
    don't know if these guys have more to give, and won't know as they we're not even given a chance in a lost season.

Aerrol likes this.
  4. MessierII

MessierII Registered User

I kind of view Slep like I view Caguilla. He had a worse season but he’s another player I’d like to see brought back for one more year. Hoping that he ends up staying.

5. McShogun99

McShogun99 Registered User

Auvitu is supposed to be an offensive Dman but we never tried him on the PP....

6. rboomercat90

rboomercat90 Registered User

Yes they were coddled. They were treated differently than other players on the team and there have been several hints over the years from departed players alluding to this. There were also two separate cases of players being traded (Smid and Perron) when they spoke negatively publicly about their play. Those two were part of the group protected by management at all costs while other guys were treated like crap. It’s no surprise there were problems in the room. By me saying they were coddled isn’t me ripping on them, it wasn’t their fault they played for a team with a terrible front office but it happened.

7. belair

belair Registered User

Auvitu didn't play the right way though. He was a left handed version of Philip Larsen who took low percentage shots every time the puck hit his stick in the offensive zone. His puck rushes, though often successful, were extremely high risk. If you play that guy more and more, the dividends that are possibly paid out are kind of meaningless in the big picture.

Slepyshev, on the other hand, could've been given some PP time. Could've been given more time in the top six. But he sure as hell didn't do himself any favors refusing to report to Bakersfield early in the year to save is waiver exempt status. We don't have the nitty gritty available to us, but I have no doubts Anton was a bit difficult to deal with early on when he was struggling.

Ty Rattie clears waivers before game one, goes down and proceeds to lead that team in scoring while he's down there. That's why he got time with McDavid.