Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part VI: Hart, Ross and Lindsay Winner

Discussion in 'Edmonton Oilers' started by Soli, Apr 10, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Aerrol

Aerrol ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Right, but what's he at for the last 30 or so? McDavid is already on a pretty huge tear for his own goal scoring standards. Continuing it to the end of season would bring it to around 30 goals in 30 games, which is the streak I was referring to. Very, very few players can keep it going that long.

2. Laineux

Laineux Registered User

Yeah I definitely don't think he's doing it, but 45 could happen if he stays hot.

Aerrol likes this.
  3. M C D A V I D

M C D A V I D Registered User

The thing about Kuch and Malkin is that even if they don't score they can tack on random assists because of who they play with. No one except Drai can score on this team so if Mcdavid doesn't score a goal himself he's more likely to go pointless because i don't see him getting too many easy assists to add to his total..

Aerrol likes this.
  4. fuswald

fuswald I'd Be Fired

Doesn't have to save anything for the playoffs

5. BlackMcDog

BlackMcDog we still suck, still.

Grade 3
    Technically Kuch and Malkin should be resting for playoffs once they clinch. Or at least settling back a bit. Although they may not do that if McDavid is on their asses.

6. GameChanger

GameChanger Registered User

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but according to Klefbom McDavid will be going to the World Championships. Klefbom himself can't go because he'll have his shoulder operated after the season, but he said Nuge will probably go, too.

BOMBEN: Connor McDavid spelar VM 2018 i Danmark

LaGu likes this.
  7. LaGu

LaGu Registered User

I hope he does, and I hope it gets announced soon after this season is over. Not only will it help attendance, but other players will see it and follow suit. Could become a great WHC.

It makes sense, loads of players were disappointed not to play in the Olympics, it makes the desicion easier to go to the WHC.

Edit: by the way, I think Klefbom (again) has spoken too soon, he was talking about his own participation and threw in McDavid and RNH there. You could see it when the reporter asked "is it official?", he replied: ".. No, I don't know. But they're only saying that they are .... they'll probably will go is asked to". At times with Klefbom it seems as if he's talking to a buddy, and not a reporter....

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  8. Hockey Nightmare

Hockey Nightmare Registered User

I wish McDavid would pull a Bron and take command of this team.

MikeGrier99 likes this.
  9. McCanovin

McCanovin 1% is the new 11.5%

Lebron is a player, coach and GM, soon to be owner. One position up on Eichel

fuswald and Aerrol like this.
  10. Laineux

Laineux Registered User

I was skimming through corsica to see just how special McDavid's offensive play has been at even strength this year.

Connor McDavid's expected goals for/60 is 3.49. The 2nd highest xgf/60 that has been tracked since the stat has been recorded (2007) is 3.11.

McDavid is leaps and bounds the best scoring chance generator that has been in the league in the past decade. Much better than Crosby has ever been.

Aerrol and Bryanbryoil like this.
  11. Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil English is Overrated, I Score Goals

It would be doubly sweet to see Connor win the Art Ross and for Nuge to be kept because of his chemistry with Connor.

Tremor likes this.
  12. McBeastMode

McBeastMode Registered User

If McDavid wins the Art Ross, it should be noted in the record books, it was almost an impossible feat, with Lucic on his wing for most of the season..

13. PatrikOverAuston

PatrikOverAuston Laine > Matthews

Watching Patrik Celly
    Connor won't have a better opportunity than this weekend to take over the scoring race. MacKinnon and Kucherov both pointless today, with Malkin and Giroux set to play each other tomorrow in what could be a saw-off. Meanwhile McDavid has 48 hours to get 4+ points and a comfy lead.

However, with the Gr8 also going uncharacteristically cold, there is also a chance- however slight- that #97 can claw his way into the Richard conversation.

Four or five goals against ANH/LA combined, and he's right there with 41. Would be insane to see him win even more hardware than last year, but if any player can do, it he can.

14. Zaddy

Zaddy Nah

Remember guys if you're feeling sad just go watch this video and you'll be happy in no time.

I had forgotten about the play at 1:27. That's honestly one of the sickest moves I've seen in the NHL. And it's against Keith too. Still can't believe this kid is an Oiler.

Really hope we're good next year, I want to see Connor bring out his best game in a deep playoff run :)

15. Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins Sometimes Miracles

Public Servant
    Thanks for that, @Zaddy , Dear god is he ridiculous.

His speed is just amazing, and his hands are so filthy. The shootout goal against the Isles, that's literally not fair.

Aerrol likes this.
  16. Aerrol

Aerrol ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

MAN. HE'S SO GOOD! The thing that blows me away re-watching highlights every time, aside from, well, everything, is how slow he makes every other player look. Watching the playoffs this year (and the finals right now), I was very starkly reminded of how much faster the game is than it was when we went to the finals in 06, or if you go back further, the 80s and 90s. Yeah the elite skaters then were objectively elite and would be elite now, but they also look a lot faster because some of the guys they're blowing by aren't nearly as fast as defences today. McDavid looks like those old replays...against players today. When I think about that, it blows my mind.

edit: Also I know we consistently rag on McLellan for failing to use Drai as 2C, but this video is also a great reminder of how insanely good the McDavid-Drai pairing is together. It's hard to take that away from your lineup.

HailMcJesus likes this.
  17. Mcnotloilersfan

Mcnotloilersfan I'm here, I'm bored

Watching this video and watching how Vegas plays under Galants system, makes me wonder how many points McDavid could have if we could transition the puck as well as they do.

Aerrol likes this.
  18. CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep Registered User

He had one of the best 5v5 seasons in modern history with no help. On a good transition team, good pp and if he plays with the effort he did last year, imo 120-130 points wouldn't be close to out of the question.

HailMcJesus and Aerrol like this.
  19. TheRebuild

TheRebuild Bold as Boognish

If the Oilers **** the bed next year as bad as they did this year, I honestly hope they trade him so they don't completely sewer his career. It'd be nice to see him using his moves in the playoffs more than once a decade.

20. McRpro

McRpro Call the rulebook!

Should the Pens have traded Lemieux after missing the playoffs his first five season?

21. Jimmi McJenkins

Public Servant
    Yes to Montreal, look how the Habs missed out.

22. Laineux

Laineux Registered User

The demand would be so high that the team acquiring McDavid would give up such assets in the trade that it wouldn't be any better situation than Edmonton.

23. McJadeddog

McJadeddog Registered User

Yeah, he really is ridiculous. You see it game in and game out, but to see them all lined up in a row like this.... well, its almost unbelievable. The thing that stood out the most to me was how WIDE FREAKING OPEN the net was for so many goals where he garnered an assist. The defence and goalie are so locked in to McDavid, that they almost forget about the other players.

Aerrol likes this.
  24. Jimmi McJenkins

Public Servant
    Yeah his ability to make a play that almost no one can see coming is just ridiculous. And his ability and confidence to attack something to be hold, honestly. He got 109 pts and 40 goals in a season where his team missed the playoffs (for reasons) and he has Strep throat for a month where he lost like 15lbs. He's just the best.

25. McNuge

McNuge Registered User

I get goose bumps watching these highlights, what an absolute beast of a player. There is no one in the league that touches him offensively, his shot is not even bad he just doesn't one time it. But who needs one timers when you go through the entire team and just make them look dumb.

Aerrol likes this.