OT: Hi, my name is...

Discussion in 'Vancouver Canucks' started by Slads, May 25, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. krutovsdonut

krutovsdonut holy makarov!

north of 50
    came to canada in 1975 and became a canuck fan collecting hockey cards that winter.
    spent 30+ years in yvr
    the last ten years i have been in the interior

Chairman Maouth and Slads like this.
  2. sewellda

sewellda Registered User

Rarely post but daily lurker...

I'm 38, live in Ottawa with wife and 8-month old daughter.

In the Canadian Armed Forces doing Signals Intelligence here in Ottawa. Its a cool job, get to work in an above Top Secret environment. It's also a crappy job when Canada's contribution and assetts are compared to our five-eyes partners...

Grew up in West Van, went to Bishops, moved to Victoria in 2002. Got tired of tradeswork and joined the CAF in 2012. My parents were season ticket holders from 90-11; seen some great games and classic Canuck moments in my time. My dad was also a lawyer for the McCaw, Aquilinni, Beatie case, and is now a Supreme court judge.

Still try to watch as many Canuck games as I can on Center Ice, but it's increasingly hard to justify while the team is bad and when a crappy game against Carolina ends at 1am...

3. coldsteel79

coldsteel79 Registered User

You ever spend any time in north bay?

4. Son of a Dawson

Son of a Dawson Benning the incompetent

My surname is Dawson

36 years young born in Penticton BC
    Played my minor hockey in the South Okanagan
    Still play today but now as a defenceman (was always a winger in my youth) love playing D
    Started following the NHL around the late 80s
    Favorite player growing up was my hero the Russian Rocket Pavel Bure, also loved Cam Neely (kick his *ss Sea Bass!)
    Besides the Canucks cheer on the BC Lions, Seattle Seahawks, Kelowna Rockets, Penticton Vees and the SOMHA.
    Will be cheering for Deutschland during the world cup as my better half is German and where my son was born
    Also have 15 chickens, a Bernese Mountain dog and a Bearded dragon. Anyone want a Rooster?
    Lived in Van for 9 years, also lived in Leipzig for a year but turned full circle moved back home and now running the family business (apple orchard) with my father. I am a 4th generation apple grower.
    Enjoy playing hockey, watching hockey, hunting, quading, playing guitar, listening to music, shooting the sh*t with friends and being a dad.

Would like to see the Canucks win the cup someday, one can dream.

Chairman Maouth and Slads like this.
  5. The Stig

The Stig -_-

Thank you sir. And no not Vandelay Industries. But its run the same

ziploc likes this.
  6. sewellda

sewellda Registered User

Negative. We usually spend our time either back in Vancouver or in PEI where the misses has family. And my job has no postings there.

7. Tim Calhoun

Tim Calhoun #11

Home Page:
    You were insufferable in the politics forum, but still not as bad as Ilkka.

clunk likes this.
  8. Sleestack

Sleestack Even Flow

Land of the Lost (aka East of the Rockies)
    Fine ...

The details:
    • I'm Andrew
    • Have a tenuous hold on 49
    • Born in Trail BC, but was raised in Rossland
    • Canucks fans since hometown hero Cesare Maniago joined the team
    • Conduct charm offensives on behalf of government
    • Live near the Rockies, but on the wrong side
    • Ski and mountain bike for fun
    • Only really follow hockey, and skiing and mtn bike world cup tours
    • Still collect comics
    • Hate cheese
    • Married and produced 3 replacements
    That's all.

9. polarbearcub

polarbearcub Registered User

My name if also andrew. Well me and my wife share this account . She rarely posts ever, so it's mostly me .. but it's her original account.

I'm 32, married, no kids.. yet. Been a Canuck fan since I can remember. Love travelling. We decided to travel tons before we had any kids. Philippines , Australia , Ireland , England , Italy , Dominican , Saint Lucia , Antigua , Barbados .. just in the first 5 years of our marriage. Love seeing the world together! Both die hard Canuck fans.. owner of half season tickets.

I was born in Vancouver , moved to Kelowna when I was 5.. Dad got a job back in van, moved back when I was 15. Moved out of my parents house at 18. Went to college , starved for a few years , met my current wife.

Hockey is my obsession , along with traveling and my wife ;)

10. Dave Lister

Dave Lister 3rd Tech 1169

Tradesperson
    A fellow Kootenay boy. what up

Sleestack likes this.
  11. BerSTUzzi

BerSTUzzi Registered User

Stu
    Born in Nelson
    Live in Kamloops
    Fan since 88, first lasting memory was Otto skate in the crease.
    Wife and daughter
    Skier...6 year old also rips
    Had to calm my obsession after 2011, mostly due to my mini riot in my basement....mainly pillows thrown and lots of profanity.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  12. Sami Salo

Sami Salo Not Jim Benning

No love for enrico ciccone?

Last edited by moderator Chairman Maouth: May 28, 2018
  13. Sami Salo

Kapil, when you decide it’s time to do this, let me know. For realsies. If we still post on this same board. I love **** like that.

14. Hindustan Smyl

Hindustan Smyl 2020/2021 = Canucks being a contender

Lecturer
    For sure man!

I don’t think I’ll do it this year but there’s a chance that I’ll do it next year. Just have to sort things out and decide when to do what. I have a lot of things on my “to do” list.

1) visit the foothills/base of Mount Everest by entering through India (I want to enter India at least once in my life and so I kill two birds with one stone). Mt. Everest has deep spiritual meaning in both Hinduism and Buddhism (two religions, that while I don’t follow to a tee, have been significant influences in my life).

2) Celebrate New Years in NYC Times Square

3) Watch Wimbeldon tennis live.

4) attend a Wrestlemania.

5) watch a Seahawks game live

6) watch a BC Lions game in both Winnipeg and Ottawa so that I complete the CFL circuit.

7) be in Vancouver when the Canucks are sitting at 3 wins in a Stanley Cup Final.

Not sure when I’ll do these things, but they’re on the list. Either way - I’ll let you know about the Beiring Streit voyage.

Chairman Maouth likes this.
  15. travis scott

travis scott Registered User

Not comfortable giving my first name because it is very very uncommon.

I’m a 23 year old student from Surrey. Lived here my whole life. Been a Canucks fan my whole life as well. I aspire to become a lawyer.

I like gaming, working out, watching sports, listening to music (mainly rap)

16. Sami Salo

For some reason I really find stuff involving borders and remote areas super interesting. This is small scale compared to what you have planned, but I have a friend willing that join me, when schedules work, crossing the bc border into the 3 USA states under bc for a trip. Then one day, cross from bc into Alaska.

Hindustan Smyl likes this.
  17. racerjoe

racerjoe Registered User

I drive an Olympia
    If you haven't already you should watch Long Way Rond and Long way down.

ziploc likes this.
  18. MadaCanuckle

MadaCanuckle Registered User

Name is Bruno (please refrain from jokes about Sacha Baron Cohen's character), on the wrong side of 38.

Teaching Maths in Lisbon, Portugal, almost 15 years. Fell in love with the Canucks in 93, seeing highlights in the old Eurosport channel.
    And I hate the Pacific time zone and hope to see the Canucks lift the Stanley Cup at least once.

19. kevinsane

kevinsane Flashing the leather.

Family Intervention Worker
    My name is Kevin, and I lived in Vancouver for 39 years before six years in Kelowna and the last 12 in the gorgeous north of Dawson Creek. I'm a behavioural interventionist for kids with special needs, and have the best job on the planet.
    I'm a 57 year old goalie, play four times a week, and also do standup comedy when the weather up here allows me to travel.
    All I want is a Cup win. If the Canucks relocated to Kentucky the next year I'd still be too drunk to protest it.
    My pet peeve is "hockey fans" who blame Bettman for everything as if he makes unilateral decisions, not grasping that it's the BOG that makes the decisions. Bettman is just the well paid face of evil, so to speak.

20. Hit the post

Hit the post Registered User

Professional Slacker
    Bettman is Fredo.

21. ziploc

ziploc Registered User

Writer
    Bettman is The Count from Sesame Street.

22. Sleestack

Sleestack Even Flow

Land of the Lost (aka East of the Rockies)
    Unfortunately not living back in the Koots, but try to visit as much as possible to ski and bike some trails (which have seemingly gotten steeper or my skills have eroded , yah prolly that latter).

You lucky enough to still reside?

23. Master Radishes

Master Radishes Registered User

I'm re-doing mine since now everyone's taking it more seriously.

I am 28. I grew up in Nanaimo. My earliest definitive memory of hockey is the Avs win in 96 (when Krupp scored the OT winner my mom allowed me to get out of bed since she realised I wasn't asleep yet anyway) but my Canucks fandom was never in doubt thanks to my dad.

Went to UVic, got a History degree, realised it was useless, got an Education degree, became a secondary teacher. I also do tour guiding for fun on weekends sometimes.

Moved to London about four years ago (wife is a dual citizen) and have just been made the head of my department. Teaching in the UK is a lot more stressful, and I don't recommend it, other than there being lots of available work for young teachers who want experience. Wife works in a national museum here. We're not planning to leave.

I've been unable to properly watch the Canucks in this time (time zones are not in my favour) but I don't think I'm missing much. If/when they're good again, I'll make the effort to wake up at 3am for big games. Until then I'll suffer via my Liverpool FC fandom. I also pose as a Raptors fan as a lot of my students like basketball. I got cocky this year. They won't let me forget it.

I like following politics in Canada, UK, USA. I don't like engaging in political debates. I like British comedy. I don't like British weather. I like gourmet sodas. I don't like cheese.

24. Hammer79

Hammer79 Registered User

My name is Shawn and I'm 38. I was born in Victoria, spent my childhood living mostly in Saskatchewan and the Yukon and moved back to Victoria in 1990. I became a Canucks fan around the 1991-1992 season. I started collecting hockey cards around that time and that helped to introduce me to the game. At the time I thought that they would be such a great investment, but I threw them out years ago as they are worthless.

Sadly, in all my years living in Victoria, I only made the trip over to watch the Canucks live once. With the ferries stopping at night, a hotel is necessary, which adds a lot of cost so I was too cheap to do it. The game I went to was this one; Calgary Flames - Vancouver Canucks - November 27th, 2008

Mike Cammalleri lit us up for a hatty. Luongo was injured, so Sanford was in net, and he kept getting beat upstairs. We had this Schneider guy, but he was unproven... I also remember being struck by how Bertuzzi just floated around. I also remember the noise. I always assumed it was quiet at GM Place/Rogers Arena until I went to a game.

I am an Electronic Eng Technologist (class of 2017) and I am going into my third year of Bach of Applied Science (Electrical Engineering) at UBC Okanagan. I moved out to Kelowna in 2012 and prefer it over Victoria mainly due to the weather. I'd love to go to another game in Vancouver. I will have to see if I can swing it around Xmas break maybe.

25. Dave Lister

Dave Lister 3rd Tech 1169

Tradesperson
    I am lucky enough. born in Castlegar like our coach and made the big move to Trail after highschool. Do work from anywhere between Kaslo and here