Friedman: Hoffman is on the trade block in Ottawa

Discussion in 'Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk' started by justafan22, Jun 10, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Ivan13

Ivan13 Super Joe!

Oh, give us all a break. They have been referring to the statements made by EK's wife in which she made claims against Monika Caryk. If they weren't talking about her, who did they talk about? The Tooth fairy?

glovesave_35, Silencio and Homesick like this.
  2. 5 Minute Major

5 Minute Major Registered User

Common sense isn’t all that common.

Ivan13 and Homesick like this.
  3. bert

bert Registered User

Home Page:
    She did it, lots of proof its been going around Ottawa for a while. She has a history of this behavior.

4. Walk with Elias

Walk with Elias Who wants to walk with Elias? Sponsor

In the words of George Carlin. Take a moment and think about how stupid the average person is. Now realize, half the people are stupider than that.

5. BA Carroll

BA Carroll Registered User

Well, obviously, if a gaggle of wives are discussing another woman while expressing sympathy for a grieving mother being harassed, they clearly are basing their opinions on the totality of objective evidence and logic, because obviously women are independent thinkers who never jump to conclusions, or hold grudges, or gang up on others, or say petty, vindictive, hurtful or untrue things about each other...obviously.
    Hoffman's girlmay be guilty of all that and more, but we don't know that. And a gaggle of wives and girlfriends bandwagon-bashing the accused is not evidence--except among internet forum lemmings.

6. Walk with Elias

What we do know is Mrs. Karlsson was granted an order of protection. Those are only awarded when a judge feels there is a likely chance of a future crime happening. So, at the very least, it has been proven to a judge that Hoffman's fiance is a threat to the Karlsson's

Colorado Avalanche likes this.
  7. GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama Registered User

I dont think his gf will ever have to be near the locker room. If she did post those messages, I doubt she will make many new friends. That said, its not like what she did was unforgivable, i think this is a non story after a few months.

8. Walk with Elias

Yes, what she did was absolutely unforgivable.

9. Changeiscoming

Changeiscoming Rebooting myself Sponsor

currently creating a new identity

with what came out shortly after you posted this=--I think no **** really is the response now

They should have dumped him the moment they found out about the trouble--Sens fans can argue(not all will)--with the kind of trouble that we are talking about--there are teams that will just stay away from him now

10. Changeiscoming

Changeiscoming Rebooting myself Sponsor

currently creating a new identity
    lets see of charges are filed

also--most teams have lots of get togethers with wives and girlfriend and when the team is on the road--the wives and girlfriends usually mingle

usually wives and girlfriends form a tight knit group

11. HOPE

HOPE Registered User

I have read the story here and there, and tired reading half a story, anybody can tell me what actually happen and the why she did this to EK’s wife?

12. haveandare

haveandare Registered User

Hello casual sexism

13. DudeWhereIsMakar

DudeWhereIsMakar Originator of the username

I think we have to find out what happens with Karlsson first before we find out what happens to Hoffman.

14. Double-Shift Lasse

Double-Shift Lasse Just post better

Ugh. The tone of this post...

Setting that aside for a moment, I will admit it has occurred to me that, while other significant others piling on makes a compelling set of circumstantial evidence, there is the chance that they're supporting a friend going through a difficult situation without concrete supporting evidence. This goes for any group of people -- they're inclined to believe/side with/support a friend. I've had friends going through a divorce explain to me how their soon-to-be ex's behavior is making their life a living hell, and I admit I've held negative opinions of the other person at first. However, sometimes my friend's view of things has no proven to be the case once "both sides" were heard.

15. Jorkkila

Jorkkila Ruler of the North

Nope, nothing has been granted as of yet. Mrs. Karlsson did file for one yes, but that only proves that SHE believes that it was Caryk.

Shwabeal likes this.
  16. BA Carroll

BA Carroll Registered User

I beg your pardon. Any sexism in my posts is overt and formal, not casual.

17. Gil Gunderson

Gil Gunderson Registered User

It should have no effect. Whether Karl is here or not next year, Hoffman can't be around this team and play in this city.

18. DudeWhereIsMakar

DudeWhereIsMakar Originator of the username

In the sense of if Karlsson signs an extension or gets traded. They can't have them playing in the same conference and when they play one another, Hoffman would likely have to be in the pressbox of the two.

I'm also sorry for the sense you're a Senators fan, but even if this were in the Jets case-scenario, this would leave a bad stench in the dressing room for years so sadly Karlsson might have to go and even he knows that.

19. Lenerdosy

Lenerdosy Registered User

Not unforgivable. If Hoffman stays with her I will highly doubt any wives/girlfriends will talk with her again and none of the guys will deal with him either outside of the rink regardless of what team he's on. If you had a teammate whos wife wished another teammates kid dead and your teammate to have broken legs and ended his career, how would you feel being around that guy? I can guarantee I would not talk to that person as much as humanly possible.

20. Majorityof1

Majorityof1 Registered User Sponsor

Ms Caryk has not been served with the Bond. Per Hoffman's agent, she and Hoffman found out through the media. So she absolutely has not had a chance to present her side. The Order is granted if the evidence presented in the complaint taken in the light most favorable to the person seeking an order reasonably indicates danger to the person or their property absent the order. Then the order is served on the other party who can choose to sign it or contest. If they contest, it goes to a hearing which probably won't happen for a month at minimum.

The amount of assumption and misinformation on this is astounding. The application for the bond is online. The evidence is not overwhelming at all. In fact, there is no evidence really, only an accusation.

If I am the Blues, I do some due diligence on whether the issue with Ms,. Caryk was specific to Karlsson's wife or a genera issue, on whether Pietrangelo would be ok bringing Hoffman in (he lost a baby recently), and on how Hoffman would feel about some guidelines to separate Ms Caryk from other player wives if this proves to be true. If I like the answers, I absolutely trade for him given what his value is hinted at being. There is no indication he did anything wrong except believe his girlfriend of 10 years, and he is a good hockey player. Given that he is LHS, he is not my first choice; however, Id definitely take him for scraps.

21. Chips

Chips Registered User

Can you tell me where I can find the numerous wives claiming craziness. Genuinely interested in hearing it, I haven’t followed this too closely

22. Majorityof1

Majorityof1 Registered User Sponsor

She was granted the order of protection but it wasn't finalized which is a much higher standard. Below is filing to seek the order. I cropped the bottom which is left empty for the court to fill out. The entire thing can be found here. The "evidence" is highlighted in blue. It is hardly damning evidence, and doesn't prove anything. In one-sided procedures like this, evidence is generally viewed in the light most favorable to the party presenting. So by that standard the question would be "if what she presented is true, is Ms. Caryk a threat?" That is vastly different than what you said.

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_ericmacramalla_files_2018_06_K1.png

TychoFan likes this.
  23. PoutineSp00nZ

PoutineSp00nZ Electricity is really just organized lightning.

The fact that Ottawa is attempting to make hofman this quickly suggests they believe that karlsson might be staying.

If they knew for a fact that karlsson was gone, they could take their time with Hoffman.

24. AustonsNostrils

AustonsNostrils Registered User

lol

'Not a big deal, all you did was publicly blame the death of the child I was carrying on my pill popping ways.'

25. Gil Gunderson

Gil Gunderson Registered User

Dreger saying there's still interest in Hoffman. Take from that what you will.