News Article: How Noah Hanifin to Vancouver deal could benefit both sides.

Discussion in 'Vancouver Canucks' started by WTFMAN99, Jun 6, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. Doyle Hargraves

Doyle Hargraves Registered User

I’m sure they’ve had dialogue. And maybe the Canucks have dangled the pick out there to gauge its value. Who cares? These insiders should really focus more on losing a chin or two than trolling a fanbase 3000 miles away. Gord Miller could use a chin. He would probably be grateful if either Friedman or Mckenzie would donate one to him.

VancouverJagger and Luckylarry like this.
  2. Canucker

Canucker Go Hawks!

I'm not happy, I've been a fan of this team since the early 80's and I would like to see the Cup come to Vancouver in my lifetime and I don't feel this current management team is capable of leading us there...I don't see a plan for building a team that competes for the Cup, what I do see is a plan that is desperate to make the playoffs. I feel that Benning is a shining example of the "Peter Principle", his management level ceiling should have topped out as a Head of Amateur Scouting, thats where his strength is. I don't believe he has a proper "vision" for the team, I don't believe he has the requisite skills to negotiate with player agents or other GM's and I don't think he exudes much confidence among his staff (this is just my personal feeling) due to a lack of "charisma". So, I am angry and bitter but I also know that Benning isn't alone in the blame for our current situation...there are plenty of people you can point fingers at, Benning just happens to be the one currently at the helm of a ship with no rudder.

3. Luckylarry

Luckylarry Registered User

Retired
    I like your passion for our team. I do disagree with you on JB’s plan. JB understands the value of first round picks. He will not trade his away.

Canadian Canuck likes this.
  4. PuckMunchkin

PuckMunchkin Registered User

Watch the teams that were in the top4 this year. Watch how the contracts are structured. What kind of trades they've made in the last 2-3 years.

How on earth can you say he is one of the best GMs in the league?

Im not sure where I rank him exactly but its certainly not in the top 20.

IAMGROOT likes this.
  5. Doyle Hargraves

Doyle Hargraves Registered User

This is a pretty solid post and I can’t disagree with much of it. I think Elmer needs this team to get to a threshold of 82-88 points to keep his gig for the following season. He has made some decent picks and the pool looks better but it still has a lot of holes.

6. Ghost of David Bruce

Ghost of David Bruce Streets Ahead

He’s going be hard pressed to manage it this upcoming season. I think 2018-19 is where we really bottom out.
    That said, with some good picks, development and luck, this supertanker of suck should start turning around after that.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  7. CanaFan

CanaFan Registered User

You have a funny understanding of “trolling”. You make it sound like Friedman is a fat 12 year old hiding behind his computer ****posting on r/cringeanarchy or something.

Your petulant reaction to his reports doesn’t make them trolling.

The Drop and geebaan like this.
  8. Pastor Of Muppetz

Pastor Of Muppetz Registered User

Its tough to predict next season..It really depends on players like Virtanen, Gaudette,Demko fast tracking their development and making a legitimate contribution...Also,one of the only respectable things about the Canucks last season was the PP,and it will be interesting to see how that goes without the Sedins...

When players leave,other players usually step up,and Green is a good coach..I am optimistic that next season there will be an improvement in points,but not enough for a playoff spot..It would also be cool to see the fanbase reinvigorated with the young players, and get a buzz back in Rogers Arena again.

9. The Drop

The Drop Rain Drop, Drop Top

Some connected sources posted something that makes my favorite GM look like an idiot...

I swear I’m not mad but I’m going to keep typing and posting pot shots at peoples appearances.

Makes sense.

I’d shudder to think what you would have written about Hawking if you didn’t like what he was saying

Peter10, rypper and CanaFan like this.
  10. krutovsdonut

krutovsdonut holy makarov!

it's a fact that the canucks regularly get associated with outlandish rumours of trades of their top pick.

it's hard to believe they're all just trolling the fanbase. also guys like friedman talk to linden so they would not burn him like that.

so i conclude benning regularly has such discussions. i am also certain that ownership is involved in the decision to table the pick

why and what that means i do not know. it could be due diligence. it could be a genuine desire to move the pick every year. maybe it's marketing.

Peter10 and CanaFan like this.
  11. terrible dee

terrible dee Registered User

And so the propaganda starts...

They are trying to launch their new management with a bang by robbing the "slow kid" and they are using the media to do it, same thing Tallon did with the FLA reporters during the Gudbransson deal.

They are targetting Benning because he isn't smart and can be taken advantage of, that is what's happening here,

DON'T LET THEM DO IT, THREATEN TO CANCEL YOUR TICKETS IF HE DEALS 7th

IT'S UP TO YOU NOW!

12. terrible dee

terrible dee Registered User

They are pushing it because they have helped fool Benning in the past,

Its a game and they love to be made to feel like they are players, all this stuff is just to play Benning because IT WORKED with Gudbransson, Tallon had the FLA media in his pocket writing fake stories about a playoff series only French-speaking media were watching,

Then Tallon called Benning, to trade his best defenseman, in the middle of the second round....see how that worked?

They are trying to do it again

13. Pastor Of Muppetz

Pastor Of Muppetz Registered User

534251_283853485061432_838715201_n.jpg

Luckylarry and VancouverJagger like this.
  14. geebaan

geebaan 7th round busted

15. Luckylarry

Luckylarry Registered User

Retired
    Speculation. All teams picks are available in the right package. For example:
    Oilers offer Draisatl + Lucic + pick #10 for Sutter + #7.

16. CanaFan

CanaFan Registered User

“The most active team calling on the trade market”

geebaan likes this.
  17. RobertKron

RobertKron Registered User

That's not speculation. Speculation would be if he were saying he doesn't know, but thinks it would make sense for the Canucks to be active. He's reporting what his sources have told him.

geebaan likes this.
  18. Ryp37

Ryp37 Registered User

Lol