Player Discussion Nikita Tryamkin | V

Discussion in 'Vancouver Canucks' started by Baby Pettersson, Sep 24, 2017.

1. FroshaugFan2

FroshaugFan2 Starched Earth

Probably not. But he's a fun player at least, which the Canucks are sorely lacking in.

2. PorscheDesign

PorscheDesign Registered User

I don’t think he will come back until his contract is up. He seems to be very Honorable to his obligations, so whenever he is free from Russia, he will sign with Canucks. He will an massive boost to our young D core

3. cookiefest

cookiefest nothing matters anyway.

Please come back

4. petrishriekandgo

petrishriekandgo Why not us?

Home Page:
  5. PorscheDesign

PorscheDesign Registered User

Good to see he's speaking to Vancouver media too.

6. 50 Sheas of Grey

50 Sheas of Grey Registered User

So ice time was the driving force behind him leaving...didn't he announce that he was leaving AFTER Willie was canned and he was offered a two-year contract? The facts don't really make much sense. I also am not sure if we really want a player that will take his ball and go home if he is not offered top 4 minutes in his first full season. He didn't exactly light the NHL up.

7. Pastor Of Muppetz

Pastor Of Muppetz Registered User

I would like to see him back,but you're right..Is Green just going to gift him top 4 minutes..?

The facts never made sense..He said in his year end presser after the 2016-17 season that his whole focus was improving and the Vancouver Canucks....Meanwhile,he was booked on a flight to Russia the following day,knowing full well he wasn't coming back.

8. Uhmkay

Uhmkay Tryamkin = New Chara

He wouldn't be gifted anything. Have you seen our defense? He'd be a top 4 easily on this team right now... he SHOULD have been while he was playing here just based on performance then. And while players like Hutton have regressed, Sbisa is now gone, etc. There is much less standing in his way.

The Canucks are Edler, Tanev, Stetcher and then a bunch of pretty crappy dmen.

pomorick and Pavel96 like this.
  9. VanJack

VanJack Registered User

I have no idea how hard it is to break contract in the KHL...but I'm sure money will always talk...and if somebody threw enough dollars at the situation it would get resolved in the Canucks favor.

But rest assured on July 1st Jimbo will be beating the bushes for overpriced UFA's on this side of pond, ending up with another d-man in the Del Zotto-Weircioch mold....but if he really wanted to help the Canucks he'd be moving heaven and earth, up to and including lobbying Putin, for Tryamkin's return to the NHL.

10. Jay Cee

Jay Cee P4G

I like the positivity, as opposed to not. I wish he hadn't signed such a long deal. I guess they saw blood in the water and made him a nice offer for term.

11. lindgren

lindgren Registered User

I'm pessimistic about Tryamkin's future in Vancouver.

If I were Canucks management, I'd approach Tryamkin's agent and ask whether he'd be more open to buying out his contract and returning early if he were traded to a team in the east with a greater Russian presence, whether in the community, on the ice, or both. If I got a yes, I'd try to work something out with one of those teams (give them permission to talk to the agent, etc.).

12. pgj98m3

pgj98m3 Registered User

Well the current regime doesn't deserve to have any nice things but what about us fans??????????

13. Pastor Of Muppetz

Pastor Of Muppetz Registered User

You obviously missed this quote..
    “I looked after the Canucks’ games all season,” Tryamkin said. “It was easy because of the time difference – 12 hours from Vancouver to Yekaterinburg. I can wake up and watch the games or highlights.
    “I’m still interested how the team plays.”

14. lindgren

lindgren Registered User

No, I saw it. I remain pessimistic.

The fact that he's following the Canucks, the team that owns his rights, isn't much reason for positivity if you ask me. (I also believe that in an earlier article Tryamkin commented that he wasn't impressed with Goldobin's usage.)

I'm not suggesting, however, that my position is based on fact. It's just my speculation being tossed out for what it's worth.

15. Literally

Literally Probably a Burner Account

I'm not pessimistic about whether he'll show up as a Canuck.. it's a virtual lock imo he comes back.

I'm, however, reserved about how much of a difference maker he'll actually be...

Can't wait to see what he looks like after 3 pro seasons under his belt...

What does his agility look like?
    Will he be able keep up in-zone?
    How much faster is the NHL in another couple of years?

I'm pumped about receiving a potentailly polished, experienced, beast of an asset.
    I'm apprehensive about his capability of reaching the potential he may have.

Index likes this.
  16. VanJack

VanJack Registered User

Well Tryamkin would still be only 25 in August of 2019, basically in his prime as an NHL d-man....so hopefully it happens....he'd be a big part of the blueline on a rebuilding club and ice-time would hardly be a problem.

17. Slads

Slads Can't-stand-ya

Libero Editor
    Can’t wait until he’s snappin’ legs and cashin’ checks again in a Canucks uniform. So much potential.

18. VancouverJagger

VancouverJagger Not trying to fit in

Business Owner
    Yeah I've always said he's gonna come back..........for what it's worth he was constantly liking Canucks IG pics - he certainly doesn't sound that disgruntled.

I think he has huge potential. He's a really good skater and obviously we know he's enormous. He's easily in our top 4 atm (not that that is saying much..........)

Would be nice if Benning got aggressive in trying to lure him back this summer but I get the sense he's in Narnia for another year or 2...........something to look forward to at least.

19. Eddy Punch Clock

Eddy Punch Clock ..or Vegas...I forget.

Would you give up the rights to Tyramkin now for the rights to negotiate with Carlson for two weeks before July 1st?

Doubt Tyramkins waiting two more years to sign with the Capitals given the opportunity...... loyalty to his KHL team or not.

20. billvanseattle

billvanseattle Registered User

Engineer
    We have a potential top 4 if not top pairing D man and you want to trade his rights? Right now I'd put Tryamkin's future higher value than our first round draft pick. And I think he will be happy under green, being properly utilized and getting a ton of minutes. Not to mention that he will likely get a long term contract at about $5.5M per.

21. Uhmkay

Not a F'n chance.

22. Uhmkay

Tryamkin's agent was just on 650 and said that he had talked with the Canucks at the combine and that there is interest from Tryamkin on coming back. There is a small chance that he could be back before his contract is up, but not likely and that people should "brace for him to finish his contract in Russia".

Agent was very optimistic that he could be back after 2 more seasons.

23. polarbearcub

polarbearcub Registered User

Interesting. Sounds like he will come bsck at some point. Hope we can get him out early

petrishriekandgo likes this.
  24. petrishriekandgo

petrishriekandgo Why not us?

Home Page:
    This is gonna happen folks...

Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports 35m35 minutes ago

Nikita Tryamkin's agent Todd Diamond on SN 650, "I spoke at the NHL Combine with the #Canucks about Nikita and how we can approach it and maybe get ahead of it so everyone knows he is a valued person on the depth chart."

Diamond says everyone should be prepared fort Tryamkin to come back to Vancouver in 2 years, "is there is a chance it could be sooner, it's a small chance."

THE Green Man likes this.
  25. lindgren

lindgren Registered User

If other teams agreed with you and were willing to give up a first, I'd certainly do so.