Rumor: Offseason Rumors Thread #1 | Trade Milan, Milan So Far Away?

Discussion in 'Edmonton Oilers' started by Bryanbryoil, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. RaabHart

RaabHart Where's the Hart?

RNH who never gets any hate, despite putrid performances year after year. He's finally started to play well on the wing where he's belonged his entire career. The guy should have never been a centerman.

2. Bliss

Bliss Registered User

It would be smart for Karlsson to come play with McDavid on a contract year so he can get a massive contract in 2019. He'd get all the PP mins for d men here

3. RaabHart

Yep this fanbase deserves what it gets. Guys have short memories around here. And for the record I wanted to keep Eb's and felt Strome as a return was basically giving him away for free. Chia is the worst manager in the history of the league. No one has traded as much top talent with such putrid returns.

4. Joey Moss

Joey Moss 5-14-6-1

He was on pace for 25 goals and 55+ points as a second/third line center 3/4's of the year.

5. tv14

tv14 Cam Dadbot

Lucic's most productive season was 8 years ago, 62 points. He's hit 50 points twice in the last four years (three times in the last six) and has a career average of 48 points per 82 games. His lack of speed and skill made him an offensive black hole (last year), combined with his tendency to take awful penalties, he was a liability for us.

These things will always be there with Lucic, they won't change or improve at this point, especially with him aging. Him bouncing back is not a $6 million bet I take - especially now with all the stories around him wanting out and wanting to go to an American market. Shows me he's even less likely to bounce back actually.

Raoul Duke and dustrock like this.
  6. RaabHart

Were not signing Neal or Kessel. If Lucic goes Aberg is is replacemengt. This ****ing organization is full of rejects at the top.

7. nexttothemoon

nexttothemoon Registered User

Interesting stats on Lucic... last season his ES RelT GF% (which I personally put a lot of value into) wasn't horrendous.

It was negative but on a relative basis to his teammates his RelT GF/60 was -.03 and his RelT GA/60 was .13

So when he was on the ice the team produced just slightly less offense and allowed slightly more GA compared to when he was off the ice.

His actual RelT GF% was -1.01. Yes that's a negative, but not strongly negative compared to the rest of the team who as a whole outside of a select few had an underwhelming year.

His zone starts were more neutral than in any other season in his career as well which gives a little bit more insight into why his numbers drifted lower as well.

I like looking at relative stats because as we all know... it's easy to paint everyone with the same **** covered brush when a team has a poor season.

In short, not to make excuses for Lucic but in relative terms he declined along with most of the rest of the team and was only slightly worse on a relative basis than the rest of the team plus his zone starts weren't as easy as in years past.

8. Spawn

Spawn Registered User

I think you'd need to include at least one of Yamo or Pulju. And swap the 2019 1st to this years 1st. Also not sure the money really works for the Sens... doubt they want to add 3.5M to their cap in a deal sending out Karlsson.

9. RaabHart

Now do RNH, most overrated Oiler ever to put on the jersey

10. Spawn

Spawn Registered User

Karlsson is getting a massive contract in 2019 no matter what. Of that I am certain. I also think that any team giving up the type of assets Ottawa will be looking for is only going to be doing it if they can get Karlsson agreed to a deal. Although I could be wrong on that part. Would just seem crazy to me that a team would give up so much without assurances he will stay.

11. belair

belair Registered User

Around February I posted a three way trade between us, Ottawa and Colorado that was pretty well-received. Admittedly with hindsight, Colorado gets raked over the coals pretty hard. But with some recent developments I was reminded of it and I wonder if there's a way to make it a bit nicer for the Avs with us receiving problem-child Mike Hoffman instead of Bobby Ryan's last four years of his deal. I know he's not the most sought after player with the recent news, but I just can't see this alleged incident being a career-ender. I think the ultimate solution for the Sens (and likely soon) will be to cut bait in one big pull of the band-aid and I think if we position ourselves right, we could be one of the beneficiaries.

Something like

:avs
    D Karlsson, LW Lucic

:sens
    D Klefbom, D Timmins, LW Wilson, Conditional 2019 EDM 2nd (Hoffman production), Conditional 2020 COL 1st (#65 re-signing)

:edmonton
    D Barrie, LW Hoffman

I believe that this has probably been well-known in hockey circles for a while, which probably precipitated the Hoffman trade rumors earlier in the year. If we were in on him earlier in the year, I think it's something we should circle back to, especially now that Lucic may want to move to a warmer climate. Hoffman may be a bit of a questionable add at the moment, but I think this would be one quick way of addressing multiple organizational needs without breaking the bank.

12. Joey Moss

Joey Moss 5-14-6-1

Lucic, Klefbom and a 2nd does not get us Barrie and Hoffman

HailMcJesus likes this.
  13. belair

belair Registered User

Under normal circumstances, no it doesn't. But I'm assuming the Sens are willing to cut bait here. Obviously I'm just spit-balling what kind of value he'd have. Nobody really knows with what's going on right now. What I do know is nothing good can come of it regardless of what the police find, which is why I see a deal happening sooner than later.

14. McDoused

McDoused Registered User

I want no part of Hoffman.

MikeGrier99 and Throttlehead like this.
  15. nexttothemoon

Well RNH had his best year ever in terms of ES RelT GF% at 9.08

He played the 2nd toughest minutes he's played so far in his career in terms of zone starts.

The previous season (aka the playoff year) is the only season that RNH had a negative RelT GF% number when it was an awful -8.62... but that year appears to be an anomaly as every other season has been positive.

Earlier in his career RNH had a strong offensive zone start push.. but over the last 3 years he's been fed much more neutral minutes and in that playoff season he actually had a negative zone start bias which likely helps explain his lower numbers as well.

Overall he's been a positive ES RelT GF% player over the course of his career with the proviso that he has had a ozone push in zone starts... but that's the case for most offensively oriented players as well.

16. Bliss

Bliss Registered User

It's a lot to give up but guys like Karlsson don't become available very often. I think as a GM you should take that chance and acquire him and hope he falls in love with the team/Edmonton. Worst case scenario he walks and you now have a ton of free cap space.

LaGu likes this.
  17. belair

belair Registered User

Yeah, I expect that there are a ton of people with that POV. I just think that there is ultimately going to be a team that gets a 30 goal winger out of this because their GM is confident that their locker room is strong enough avoid that kind of poison. Monika Caryk is humiliated right now whether she's guilty or not. I don't see this ending up being a repeated incident.

18. t0nedeff

t0nedeff Registered User

I find it hilarious that you post **** like this and than turn around and propose we send out players who actually have value for pennies on the dollar.

McCupofOil, Aerrol and bobbythebrain like this.
  19. ManitobaKid

ManitobaKid Registered User

I hope we really punch for Barrie this off-season, Karlsson isn't realistic. He'll end up in Vegas

20. Cloned

Cloned Amazing Alicia

RNH has received plenty of criticism on here.

21. belair

belair Registered User

RNH was the reason why our PK went sideways? You don't watch much hockey, do you?

22. nexttothemoon

I also have to note that Eberle and Hall have never had a season where they have had a negative ES RelT GF%.

Are they missed on the Oilers? Well it would be hard to unbiasedly say they aren't.

23. Mr Positive

Mr Positive Cap Crunch Incoming

yeah we got to try, but apparently Ottawa has been aggresively selling Hoffman, which tells me they might be serious about keeping Karlsson, and also feel like it is possible to do so.

Aerrol likes this.
  24. Buck Dancer

Buck Dancer Registered User

It might now. Hoffman basically has near negative value.

25. nexttothemoon

Hoffman took a dump last season in relative terms...

ES RelT GF% last 4 seasons:

Quite a large decline (although still slightly positive).

You have to think there was likely some psychological/dressing room issues there causing that decline beyond just his actual on ice abilities.

If he rebounds to what he did those previous 3 seasons, whichever team gets him will be laughing.

Numbers over 10.00 are elite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.