Rumor: Offseason Rumors Thread #1 | Trade Milan, Milan So Far Away?

Discussion in 'Edmonton Oilers' started by Bryanbryoil, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McHockeyfan91

McHockeyfan91 Registered User

He's too busy looking for things Nurse is doing wrong so he can run to his computer and post about it

2. Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil Magician

When Looch wasn't scoring he could've been doing just that. Outside of that game against Calgary he was very unemotional for most of the season. He wasn't pissing off goalies, wasn't running guys to stir the pot, etc. If he returns to being that player elsewhere next season then he can seriously **** right off IMO.

Haggard likes this.
  3. Lord Quas

Lord Quas The unseen

I really hope Lucic isn't traded for pennies on the dollar. Definitely not worth it to sweeten the pot to get him gone, unless there's good value/fit UFA coming here as well.

Lucic had a bad year. A lot of it is on Lucic ~ confidence, luck, bounces, visually slow, however, a good portion of blame goes to the coaching staff as well. Since Joining the Oilers, Lucic has had some of the worst 5v5 box cars in his career. If it wasn't for his unusual PP production in 16/17, the Lucic signing would look even worse. I hope they can figure it out this year.

For the record, and for those that say a Lucic-Drai line has been tried and doesn't work. Here is the break down of centres Lucic played with at evens. He's had some time with Lucic, but it's probably close to 15 games together.

41% McDavid, 28% Nuge, 18% Drai, 13% Strome

Attached Files:

slim2001 and Burnt Biscuits like this.
  4. Lord Quas

Lord Quas The unseen

Part of me thinks that's coaching (Kassian also seemed neutered after that incident). And if it was Lucic's decision to not engage more physically, than it's coaching for not laying out what he needs to do to be successful. Lucic hasn't been utilized well in Edmonton. My 20/20 hindsight thinks Chia should have canned TMac at the start of December. Lucic should be playing on a line that dumps and chases and mucks it up. McDavid's ability with controlled entries takes that whole area of his game out of play. I'd love to see Drai and Lucic gain some chemistry and success cycling the puck down low.

5. Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil Magician

I agree in terms of the line combo's and strategies as well as Todd should've been turfed, however Looch really should've done more without the puck IMO.

Lord Quas likes this.
  6. Burnt Biscuits

Burnt Biscuits Registered User

Liked for the chart, but if you could still trade players for money, I would literally take a penny for Lucic. The free cap-space is more valuable than he is, though the rhetoric of the mainboard where every Lucic proposal has us not only retaining money, but giving up 10th overall is insane and there are certainly worse deals than Lucic in the league. I don't want to substitute one boat anchor contract for one that is even heavier to bare, in terms of dollars or in terms of getting modest savings for a player that is significantly worse.

7. Throttlehead

Throttlehead Registered User

He coaches the confidence out of players, a lot of players seem to have their worst year(s) with him, while very few have better. Todd Nelson should have been given a chance IMO.

dawunderboy and Bryanbryoil like this.
  8. Lord Quas

Lord Quas The unseen

I agree that there's no need to add in order to get rid of the contract. Though I disagree with ridding the team of him for cap space ~ cap space had horrible box cars this year o_O

9. VainGretzky

VainGretzky GO CAPS GO

They're not keeping Karlsson , he has had enough of Melnyk low budget teams , he has asked for a trade ,he wants out

10. BoldNewLettuce

BoldNewLettuce Esquire

So which cali team can afford karlsson without losing their top pair defenders?

11. North

North Registered User

If she is guilty of this it could be part of a larger issue with regards to her and could very well be repeated with someone else. That's why it's best to wait and see the resolution before investing in Hoffman.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  12. joestevens29

joestevens29 Registered User

No because a lot of guys are on holidays or back overseas. I don't even know if McDavid is back from the world's

13. joestevens29

Milan had more hits,more PIMs, 2 less fights, but 2 more misconducts than 16-17. This whole he is physical is just wrong.

People's expectations are what is wrong, but going back to Boston he wasn't the player that people want him to be. He doesn't go out and man handle guys game after game. He never really did. Yes he does it, but it was never consistent. There are hardly any of these consistent 82 game player physical warriors. Bodies just can't do it.

14. North

North Registered User

That's one thing I noticed about his play.

He seemed pretty disengaged. Usually when he is effective he has some fire and he's being a handful but there was absolutely none of that last year save for a hit here and there.

15. frag2

frag2 Registered User

Goes back to what some have stated. Lucic doesn’t want to be here anymore. Got his pay and now just wants out.

16. McSpecial Blend

McSpecial Blend Registered User

You just know he will go full beast mode whenever he comes back to Edmonton. He will get booed like crazy and feed off it.
    It's still disappointing to me that he wants out so fast because of the pressure. On a positive side we can hopefully weed out these attitudes from the team.

17. Soul8

Soul8 Registered User

Apparently dreger said on tsn 1260 something along the lines of sending lucic and pulju to Carolina for faulk. To me that would be a ridiculous trade lucic could bounce back, and if he does that's an important piece for Carolina faulk had a down year, and we're just open to throwing one of our best Wing prospects in as a sweetener?

18. Soul8

Soul8 Registered User

I believe that dreger spot might be replayed here in about 20 minutes.

19. Paralyzer

Paralyzer We're Back.... :D Sponsor

East Reporters be East Reporters. I bet you they'd say to get JVR, Faulk wouldn't be enough and Carolina would have to ADD to get him.

20. Paralyzer

Paralyzer We're Back.... :D Sponsor

21. oXo Cube

oXo Cube Termite

I know this board thinks Faulk secretly sucks but a winger that has proven exactly nothing for a 40 point Dman wouldn't be that bad a deal.

We've been looking to make that move for 9 years.

22. joestevens29

As a heads up Faulk had a reverse season of Lucic. I know this because of my hockey draft where I dropped him and then all of a sudden the guy stepped up and became a player again.

23. Fourier

Fourier Registered User

This is Dreger we are talking about here. He might think McDavid for Marner was a deal the Oilers should be happy to make because of their strength down the middle and weakness on the wings.

24. Little Fury

Little Fury Registered User

I think Lucic knows as he gets older and with the miles already on his body that he can't play the wrecking ball all that often anymore. Unfortunately, that makes him a total passenger.

25. joestevens29

I'd want a bit more from them if JP is involved. Maybe McGinn. Fiesty LW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.