Who Are You Drafting

Discussion in 'Vancouver Canucks' started by Nick1219, May 26, 2018.

?

Who you picking?

Poll closed Sunday at 8:09 PM.
  1. Hughes

35.6%
  2. Wahlstrom

10.6%
  3. Tkachuk

4.8%
  4. Dobson

26.0%
  5. Boqvist

6.7%
  6. Bouchard

9.6%
  7. Kotkaniemi

6.3%
  8. Other

0.5%
  1. stampedingviking

stampedingviking Registered User

I'd go for:

Dobson/Bouchard
    Wahlstrom
    Kotkaniemi
    Tkachuk
    Hughes

Boqvist

THE Green Man likes this.
  2. lindgren

lindgren Registered User

I voted for Bouchard, but my preference isn't strong at all. Of the seven listed, at least four are likely to be available to the Canucks. If the Canucks could move down three or four spots for a significant return, I'd like them to do it. They'd still get one of the players in the poll.

3. Doyle Hargraves

Doyle Hargraves Registered User

Dobson
    Tkachuk
    Kotkaniemi
    Boqvist

4. sting101

sting101 Registered User

i'm not an advocate of taking small skilled players with a top10 pick unless the gap is significant. The top of the 1st round is where there is almost always bigger than average front line players available and trying to get them later is incredibly hard.

i don't want Wahlstrom because he plays the exact role Boeser does. I don't want Hughes and Boqvist as i explained above. Were 100p not getting Dahlin Svechnikov and Zadina.

Tkachuk Bouchard Dobson Kotkaniemi would be my order. 4-7

Tkachuk - i know people are not that high on his ceiling but after watching what Tom Wilson just did for the Caps this playoff i can't let a player with this size and love for the physical game go by. Having a player like Tkachuk (and yes he has a bigger offensive game than Wilson)to collect loose pucks and junk around the net and keep cycles alive for the Pettersson Boeser Horvat group while adding crushing physical play would be adding a element that is extremely hard to come by and would pretty much solidify the top6 going forward. If it wasn'tgonna be hard enough trying to corral Boeser and Pettersson on the PP flanks it would be pretty impressive watching Horvat and Tkachuk own the area around the net.

Bouchard - I think people are overstating the skating concerns. For me i would definitely be more concerned about ability to compete and stay at high intensity. Bouchards offensive game is extremely reminiscint of players like Carlson Klingberg Pietrangelo. If the scouts can convince me his 5v5 play is not huge concern then i take Bouchard ahead of Dobson.

Dobson - Really love this prospect and see the safety in that he skates and does everything so good at the very least he should be a top4. Trouba Bouwmeester Hanifin are some comparables for me as i don'tsee the offensive game being that of a top pp guy.

Kotkaniemi - with the concerns of Pettersson being able to play centre if the above 3 were gone i would have no problem taking Kotkaniemi. Kid oozes potential and from what i have watched does look a lot like Kopitar.

Just my 2C and admittingly i have been too busy this year to do a massive amount of pre scouting

THE Green Man and lindgren like this.
  5. racerjoe

racerjoe Registered User

I drive an Olympia
    Or go way off the board which I don't expect them to, but if we are talking possibilities to be disappointed, that would be there.

I am scared with the stories we have heard so far regarding either Hanifin or Orielly

PuckMunchkin likes this.
  6. Zombotron

Zombotron Certainly Does Suck Sponsor

In descending order:

Zadina (in a hypothetical Vilardi-esque fall scenario)
    Dobson
    Wahlstrom
    Bouchard
    --------------
    Boqvist
    Hughes
    Tkachuk